Joanna`s Planner - Steam Punk - Dashboard
Time for a planner update.
I found this fabulous image on the scrappers delight site and was taken with it right away. Had no idea what I was going to do with it but it became blindingly clear when I had a go at hot foiling.
As some of you know I have been asked to do some design work for Scrappers Delights to show what can be done with their new digital planner. Now this is the whole damn planner not just weekly spreads, monthly spreads etc. It has front sheets, dividers, `this planner belongs to` pages...I thought it only fair to trawl through the resources and put some of them to use. Find them here
Now back to the dashboard. The original download had the oval 2017 in the centre of the page..I have never tried hot foiling but like most crafters I have what can loosely be termed as resources at my disposal... OK, I have the stuff to give it a go. So, I printed off the page on the laserjet printer at work and bought it home to play with. Unfortunately my hot foiling attempt was not so successful. I got gold foil everywhere. Where it was supposed to be and where it was not supposed to be. After a few searches and rescue attempts it came to light that this might be a result of toner dust and consequently un-salvageable. However, I don`t usually buy in to that theory.
It struck me that it had quite a vintage look so I cut out the oval and sponged it with some sepia ink to make it look more vintage. All I then had to do was find a suitable vintage type image to work with it. This steampunk image seemed to fit the bill and can be found here. I coloured up using copic alcohol markers on stampin` up whisper white card which is really good for colouring and cheaper than x-pressit. My friend Judi sells it here in the UK, if you do buy some let her know you came from my blog.
Anyway, I am going off topic. I chose some suitable paper that had a vintage feel from my pile of 12" x 12" papers. I cut it to size and distressed the edges with more sepia ink and also added some extra stamping for texture, then cut the waste away from the image and glued to the base card.
Now for versatility, when it came to laminating, I laminated the base and the oval separately. The oval was then cut out and adhered using dimensional sticky pads. This means next year I can rip 2017 off and replace it with 2018. The laminating gives the piece much needed strength but it it also means it can be used as a dashboard.
I don`t like to put my `stuff` on the front but chose to put a few select co-ordinating pieces on the back. This one has some `Target` dollar spot sticky labels and some `Tesco` foxes, a journaling card and a gold binder clip finish the piece nicely. Why not have a go at your own dashboards.. I would love to see them.
Scrappers Delight Planner Kits