April Fool

And so, what a mixed week....


I received my new release Studio L2E stamps and a stamping bella stamp that I ordered weeks ago...Happy.  On the down side, my mum is really unwell and was admitted to hospital early Friday morning...Sad.

My life has been turned upside down in the last week and my plans are alas, are no longer plans but possibilities.

 Click here

Planner Stamping St Patricks Day

This seems like a good place to expand on my St Patrick`s day spread information for you.  I find Instagram useful but not brilliant when I have `stuff` to say.  I have had lots of questions about this spread so will endeavour to answer them here.
StPatricksday-plannerstamping


So here goes, the leprechaun was an image I found on Etsy by a company called Aurora Wings, the artist was somebody called Mitzi Sato-Wiuff.  I really love this image, the face is just gorgeous…I am attracted to all things myth and magic although not all of them lend themselves to planner stamping.  I do not have a huge array of stamps at home and many that I like are quite expensive, as they have to imported.  Like Lindsay Ann Duyck I like the Stamping Bella designs but they are not readily available here in the UK.  However, I do have two sneaky ones on order.  

StPatrick`s-leprechaun-plannerstamping


In order to keep the costs down I have been buying digi stamps from Etsy and have downloaded some free line art from Deviant Art…I am quite fond of the designs by Jade Dragonne and YamPuff.  Anyway I digress.  Once the digi stamp images have been downloaded and saved to a computer they can be imported to any suitable programme and resized.   I am using word for this….the leprechaun is one of the bigger images I have used and this has allowed me to achieve more detail with the alcohol markers.  In this instance  I used Copics, although I do have Flex Markers and Chameleon pens.  The image has been printed direct to sticker paper.  Using the alcohol marker direct in to your planner is not to be recommended as they will stain through the subsequent pages.


The background for this design was created direct on the planner page using dye based inks…for this I used Stampin` Up inks in soft sky and marina mist for blues, so saffron and daffodil delight for the yellows and garden green for the green, as I really wanted the clear colours for this design, and I already had them.  I used a make-up sponge for blending these inks…I am a great lover of cheap and cheerful.  You can also use a product called cut`n`dry foam, but it is far more expensive.